Please note: This product can not be shipped with Canada Post, UPS or Freight only.
The operation of the Biolan Greywater Filter light is based on the mechanical and biological filtration of grey water. The organic filter material used in the filter, attracts the phosphates and impurities in the wastewater. The micro-organisms living on the surface of the filter material use the impurities in the water as their nutrition.
The module has five filter boxes layered one on top of the other. The wastewater enters into the uppermost filter box. Inside the module, the wastewater flows by gravity from one filter layer to the other through the openings in the end each box. Finally the clean water exists the module and out to a gravel leach bed.
Human waste, storm water or drainage water from foundations must not be fed into the filter. The cleaning capacity of the filter material in the module is good for about 3-6 months depending on volume, after which it needs to be replaced in accordance with the maintenance instructions. The Biolan grey water filter tolerates a small amount of anti-bacterial and chlorine-based agents that are commonly used for cleaning. However, toxic chemicals or substances that contain chemicals that can kill the micro-organisms that clean the wastewater, such as drain openers, paints, oils or solvents, must not be fed into the purifier.
Biolan Greywater Filter light is a non-insulated filter module for grey water. The filter is made of frost-resistant materials and is not thermally insulated. The unit operates reliably and lasts a long time. The filter can be partially buried to reduce the height of the inlet pipe or a pump can be used to pump the grey water up to the filter inlet if the grey water is coming from a lower point underneath the building or a basement.
|A properly dimensioned, installed and operated Biolan Greywater Filter light wastewater system meets the limit values for total phosphorus, total nitrogen and organic material in grey wastewater in accordance with the Environmental Protection law (527/2014) and the Decree (157/2017).|
Maintenance of the Greywater Filter light
Check the operation of the filter at least twice each operating season. A well-functioning purifier is nearly odourless, the filter material is moist and the water exiting it is clear and odourless and does not contain any significant amount of solid matter.
- wastewater is flowing smoothly from all the openings in the box
- the filter material is drawn to a distance of about 5 cm from the openings in the discharge end of the box
- the visible connections of the sewers are in order
- the purified wastewater is flowing freely out of the filter
Changing the filter material
Normally, the filter material in the purifier must be replaced every 3-6 months of operation. Only filter material specifically intended for Biolan filters is allowed. Biolan does not guarantee the purification capacity of the unit if any other filter material is used.
- Change the filter material in all of the boxes at the same time.
- Open the cover of the purifier and lift the filter material boxes out of the unit by means of the lifting handle.
- Empty the filter material into the compost or use it as cover soil for ornamental plants.
- Refill the boxes with new filter material. One bag is enough filter material for the whole filter. Rip the filter material loose and spread it evenly across the box by tapping it gently. The amount of filter material in the box is sufficient when its surface lies about 2 cm below the edge of the box. Finally, draw the filter material about 5 cm to the rear from the V-openings.
- Check the inlet and outlet connectors for wastewater and clean them.
- Place the boxes filled with filter material back into the filter unit. The filter material boxes are identical, but observe their direction – in the lowermost box water flows towards the outlet connector, in the next box it flows towards the inlet connector etc.
- Make sure the unit is in a horizontal position both lengthwise and laterally so that wastewater flows smoothly from one box to the other.
- Close the cover of the filter carefully.
- Write down the service measures taken.
The filter material boxes are left inside the filter over winter. Freezing of the filter material does not damage the unit. If the filter material is still frozen when the operation starts in spring, thaw it by pouring warm, clear water through the filter.
- dimensions of the module (width x height x depth): 56 x 58 x 96 cm
- two modules installed in parallel (width): about 1.30 m
- two modules installed in parallel (depth): min. approximately 2.03 m
- pipe connectors: for Ø 75 mm sewer pipes
- height difference of inlet and outlet connectors: 45 cm (height of fall)
- capacity: 300 litres/day/module
- weight without the filter material: 24 kg
- the distance, travelled by water in the filter material: 325 cm/module